Welcome to Oriental Holistic - professional acupuncture and complementary therapies in LondonOriental Holistic provides professional acupuncture treatment and other complementary therapies from clinics in City / Central London (Liverpool Street EC2M). Shoreditch and North London (Islington N1).
Acupuncture for Fertility & Pregnancy
Facial Acupuncture (Cosmetic Acupunctue)
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Natural Face Lift Massage
- Shiatsu (Japanese massage)
- Swedish Massage
- Thai Massage (also known as Thai yoga massage)
- StillPoint Centre: 2 minutes from Liverpool Street station EC2M
- Neal's Yard Remedies: 8 minutes from Angel tube, Islington N1
- Triyoga Shoreditch: 3 minutes from Shoreditch High Street overground, E1
Yoko Ohara is a qualified acupuncturist & shiatsu practitioner originally from Japan. She became interested in complementary therapies after she had very positive experiences with reflexology and shiatsu when she was stressed out. Both receiving and learning bodywork has helped her feel more relaxed, grounded and focused.
Since 2002, she's not only worked in complementary health clinics in Central London and Islington areas but also provided home visits for private clients.
Recently, she has been learning and incorporating into her practice "Kiiko Matsumoto style acupuncture" (a school of Japanese acupuncture), which is based on the teachings of Master Nagano, a blind acupuncturist from Japan. The practitioner of this style relies on the receiver's feedback gained through touch, and during the session, diagnosis through touch and treatment continuously follow each other. This not only makes Kiiko Matsumoto style acupuncture more hands-on and interactive than the style of acupuncture commonly taught/practiced in UK, but also helps the receiver become more aware of any changes they experience during the session.
- Shiatsu Diploma from European Shiatsu School
- BSc Acupuncture and Tuina Diploma from London College of Traditional Acupuncture
- Thai massage certificate & ITEC Nutrition & Diet from Morley College, London
Yoko has been committed to professional development to further her knowledge and skills. She has attended many specialized workshops/seminars such as:
- Facial Revitalisation Acupuncture (Jamie Hedger)
- Hands-on Strategies for Musculo-Skeletal Problems: An Introduction to Acupuncture Bodywork (Phil Macqueen)
- Kiiko Matsumoto Style Japanese Acupuncture (Kiiko Matsumoto & Andy Harrop)
- Acupuncture for Pregnancy & Childbirth (Debra Betts)
- Registered member of British Acupuncture Council (BAcC)